What are the steps needed to ‘overcome‘ the fear of failure in life and business, and achieve ultimate success?
What are the essential steps to getting over the fear of failure as an entrepreneur?
What are the steps to overcome the fear of failure in the workplace?
How to turn failure into success?
If like me, you have been struggling to find your way to success in the online business space know that you are not the only one.
It seems as if no matter how hard you are trying nothing seems to work.
Perhaps you have tried everything in the book you can think of and literally, nothing seems to be producing the kind of results you are hoping your online home business or work will bring to you.
You are not yet seeing the fruit of your hard labor and are wondering when will you smell success even if it is just for a day.
Does any of this sound familiar?
Your problem right now maybe you are absolutely ‘afraid to fail‘ and don’t see a way of out of your predicament.
If that is the case, don’t despair …
This article aims to help you by enumerating the 7 practical actionable steps to overcome the fear of failure in life, business and the workplace, you could adopt today to achieve maximum success and realize your true potential.
#1: Avoid The Barriers That Are Holding You Back
Do you have any mental barriers and false beliefs that are holding you back?
You probably feel like gosh …
- I can’t take another bout of disaster
- When will my luck come?
- Why most people seem to be doing well in everything except for me?
- It’s high time I throw the towel and walk away
- I can’t face any more rejection
- I am not good enough
- I am not clever like other people
- Maybe I am not cut out for business
- What was I thinking?
- I don’t have enough time or resources to start or do anything worthwhile
- I am just a loser
- I am too young
- I am too old
- I don’t fit in
- People will not take me seriously
- People like me don’t achieve anything
- I just have to put up with my lot
- This is how just things are for people like us, nothing can be done to change it
- It is not possible to succeed
- I wish I didn’t have to go through this again
- It has been so many months and years since I went into business and to this day, I still don’t see any progress in earning potential and growth in my business
- All I want to do is just quit my job, If only I was able to generate the kind of passive income I desire to live my dreams, I could hold my head high and say at last I have made it
- And so on …
As crazy as these self-sabotage ‘thoughts‘ may sound, they do have legitimacy in most people’s thinking, especially if:
- This is their first business venture or
- Have failed in their businesses before or
- Have low or no self-esteem of their self-worth and true value
#2: Re-Tune Your Belief System
It all boils down to what you ‘think’ and ‘believe’ about yourself and what you are ‘prepared’ to accomplish no matter what is at stake.
Know that life is hard and that challenges and setbacks without a shadow of a doubt will occur.
The secret is to know how to react and manoeuvre yourself around when problems present themselves to you.
Live a purposeful life and be willing to be the best you can be to achieve what you want.
Believe that you are more than capable of achieving all your dreams and goals.
The possibilities are endless.
The question you should ask yourself is, are you prepared to do what it takes to ‘change’ the circumstances in your life, business or career?
If you answer Yes then you have nothing to worry about, just take massive action and the results will speak for themselves in due time.
I have days when everything is going wrong in my business and I feel like I just want to pack it all in an give up.
They say when it rains, it pours but somehow an ‘inner voice’ inside me says you can’t give up, you have come this far.
So this idea of giving up, if it ever comes to you, just learn to throw it away.
It will happen to you, I can assure you.
Remind yourself to fail forward.
And that the future is brighter and the best is yet to come.
#3: Remind Yourself of The Reasons
When self-doubt and loss of belief happen you need to pause, take a deep breath and ask yourself the following:
- Have you enough reasons to want to change?
- Why you went into business in the first place?
- What does success mean to you?
- How hungry and passionate are you?
- What is your end goal?
- Is your vision strong enough?
- Are your goals realistic and attainable?
- Have you forgotten your life’s purpose?
- What is so important to you that you are prepared to do whatever it takes to succeed?
- Have you lost the inner feeling in your belly that leaves you excited whenever your work in your business venture or passion?
- Have you forgotten what you want?
- Do you know where you are going?
- Are you afraid to take risks?
It is therefore very important to keep the reasons alive in you because your success depends on them.
Every time you fall down, remind yourself of your reasons.
They will keep you going and pull you through the difficult times and will give you something to hold on.
Use the failures as a tool to give you the strength and experience to move forward and to turn things around for your self.
#4: Don’t Lose Focus
Perhaps you are doing too many things at once.
It is very easy to get sidetracked and get lost in the moment, jumping from one thing to another thinking whatever is occupying your time is contributing to your online business.
It might be doing the opposite. The human brain is designed to focus on one thing at a time.
Review what you are doing.
Narrow down your focus on one idea or one thing at a time and make it work.
Practice until you make it perfect or until you able to achieve the outcome you desire.
Once you make it work, for one thing, move on to the next one rinse and repeat.
#5: Embrace The Pain and Sacrifice
If you are going to an interview, you will normally do your best to prepare and learn everything about the job you are applying for.
You will watch how you present yourself to the interviewer because you know you are going for an interview to win and not lose.
You need to stand out to give yourself the best possible chance to be offered the job.
Conversely, it is similarly crucial to prepare and do the hard work needed to succeed in your business or career.
For sure it is painful.
You will have to make a lot of sacrifices along the way just that you can get one thing working among the million things that are going wrong right now.
#6: Be Patient and Persevere
You have to be in it for a long haul.
Patience Patience Patience…
Rome was not built in a day.
If you came into business thinking that you are going to get rich overnight, know that you are very much mistaken.
The only currency required from you is hard work and a bucket full of patience.
It may be the sheer perseverance in you that makes you give one last push when in reality everything in you is telling you to stop and quit at this very moment, but somehow, something powerful inside you is telling you to say…
“I have got to try again”
“I will give it another ago“
Behold! when you least expect it, you will find a new opening for you, and suddenly you will finally begin to see things working.
What seemed impossible yesterday suddenly becomes possible today.
Remember behind every successful venture, there is an accumulation of many small actions and decisions that have failed many times before which led to the successful one.
You are not the first entrepreneur nor will be the last to have failed or feel afraid to fail.
It is ironically a normal reaction for most people.
It is imperative that you ‘don’t give up‘ no matter what obstacles and challenges you encounter along the way.
After all, this is your path to greatness…
Nothing worthwhile in life or business is achieved without few setbacks and hardships here and there.
There is a price you have to be willing to pay to achieve what you desire the most out of life.
#7: Commit To Mastery
- Don’t be an average person that follows the crowd
- Self-discipline is a must, due to the fact no one is going to give it to you other than yourself, therefore don’t fall short especially when you know you can do better
- Commit yourself to work and get things done
- No more complaining, no excuses, don’t put things off that you can do today
- Follow your curiosity edge & intuition
- Don’t feel shy to explore new territories you have never tried before
- Never settle for less than what you are capable of
- Don’t let other people’s limited opinions of you determine your future and destiny
- Allow yourself to grow & develop, take action and just get on with it
- Expand your brain to take in the skills and knowledge required to accomplish the tasks needed to attain success
- Push yourself, keep learning, keep adapting and remain consistent
- Follow the process, keep moving forward and keep applying yourself
- Drive yourself to succeed
- Upgrade your skill-sets to be worth much more than they currently are
- Tell yourself that failure is simply not an option for you
- Learn from those who have done it, walked the path and know what they are talking about
- No need to reinvent the wheel, emulate those who have succeeded before you
- Invest in self-education and personal growth to improve all areas of your life
- Follow proven systems, mentors, coaches, and training programs that are proven to deliver results for you
- Follow your calling, trust your instincts and gut feelings
- Adopt a healthy mindset, a new philosophy and a different way of thinking that works for you and not against you
- Pursue your passions and life’s visions
Take Home Message
It is important you learn how to overcome the fear of failure in both life and business.
So when ‘self-doubts’ and ‘fear’ cloud your mind, don’t let them paralyze you and hinder your progress to success or from realizing your true potential.
- Who you are
- What you want and
- Where you are going
Your success solely depends on ‘You’ and only ‘You’.
You ‘determine‘ your future and destiny, no matter what obstacles and challenges you face along the way.
Remain true to your Vision by taking the necessary actions, doing the un-exciting boring repetitive tasks, to aid you to achieve the best possible outcome, for your business, life and career.
You have to be relentless, remain focused and consistent.
Never lose sight of this…
Don’t let the fear of failure stop you from succeeding in anything worthwhile in your business, work or personal life.
Just remember that positive actions always lead to positive results.
Every single positive action you take to:
- empower yourself
- raise your standards, self-value and self-worth
Goes a long way in helping you build the desired ‘successful life’ and ‘lifestyle’ you are after.
Invest in your self, trust and believe in your:
- capabilities & skill-sets
- strengths & talents
- imagination & intuition
- goals & passions
- life aspirations & wishes
- inner power & creative thinking
- gifts, ideas & innovative prowess
- burning desires, visions & dreams
And know that all you need is already inside you, to help you achieve anything you want for your business, life or career.
Just ‘let go’ of the fear that is holding you back from moving forward.
Unleash your full ‘potential’ and see where it will take you.
You may also like to read:
- How To Set Your Vision For An Ideal Blissful Life In 6 Ways
- 10 Strategies Applied By Entrepreneurs To Make Their Business Successful
- Top 15 Characteristics of a Successful Entrepreneur
- 9 Fatal Entrepreneurial Mistakes To Avoid On Starting a Business
What are your thoughts on this topic? – Would you like to share your fears and the barriers that are holding you back?
Leave us your comments below.
Don’t forget to share the article with your friends. Thank you.