The answer is basically, without effective growth hacking strategies, your business will not move an inch.
In a world of increasing competition, you as a digital marketer you must learn to be creative in all of your marketing efforts in order to:
- Grow your customer base
- Bring in much-needed sales
- Build your brand awareness
- Increase your revenue to keep your business afloat
- Drive much-needed traffic to your online business
Once you get over the trying stages of building and setting a foundation for your digital business, you need to figure out how you are going to:
- Strategically market and…
- Promote your business to attract prospective customers to your affiliate offers, services, and products
As you probably may know by now, without the juicy traffic, your business is not going to go anywhere.
Ouch, I hear you saying. That hurts, but it is the truth.
The sooner you face this fact, the easier it will be down the road.
This article attempts to provide the answers by outlining the recommended 11 traffic growth hacking marketing strategies and tactics, internet marketers, bloggers and entrepreneurs alike could adopt to:
- Drive traffic to their blogs, sites, online content, offerings
- Increase sales, conversions and revenue
- Grow their businesses successfully
Why Effective Marketing?
The last thing you want to happen after all the hard work and investment you put in is to quit the process because your business has failed to produce the kind of results you are after.
This is true for all business models.
The very nature of online business requires you as a digital marketer, blogger, internet marketer, coach, influencer, freelancer, entrepreneur or whatever label you prefer for yourself to drive targeted traffic to your blog, website, offers, profiles, online content, products, and services.
What Is Web Traffic?
In case you are puzzled and don’t know the meaning of the term at least as far as the online world space is concerned.
It basically means a person or a visitor visiting your online content such as your website, blog, social sites such as Facebook, Twitter or a video like Youtube.
Why Is Web Traffic Very Important For Your Business?
- If you don’t have traffic your online business will not go anywhere
- Without traffic, your business will simply not survive
- Traffic gives you visibility to an audience that will perform an action on your site/blog
- Traffic allows your business to make money
- Traffic exposes your brand, products, and services to the masses
- Traffic is the lifeline of your online business
Paid vs Un-Paid Traffic
Web Traffic can be driven to your online content by adopting free or paid methods.
it all depends on your circumstances and which method you will prefer to adopt. You can do either or both.
It is advisable to do both when you can, but be aware, to get quick results in a meaningful manner paid traffic can be a much better option.
For newbies who are just starting out, I would recommend the free strategies so that you get a feel of what is involved and learn how it all works before you invest too much too early.
If you don’t know what you are doing you could lose a lot of money very quickly.
Learn how to walk before you can run. Once you figure out how things work, be bold and go for paid traffic.
- SEO – (Search Engine Optimization)
- Social sites such – Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Quora, Reddit, TikTok, Instagram, Club House
- PPC Ads
- Paid Banner Ads
- Paid Advertising – Youtube Ads, Facebook Ads, Google Adwords, LinkedIn Ads
- Guest Blogging
- Blog Commenting
- Blogging Outreach
- Blogging Engagement
- Content Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Growth Hacking
- Forum Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Direct Marketing
- Offline Marketing
- Video Marketing – YouTube
- Blogging Strategies
- Online Classifieds
- Directory Submissions
- Social Bookmarking
- Social Media Groups – Facebook groups, LinkedIn groups
- Article Submissions
- Solo Ads
- Joint Ventures
- Document Sharing Sites
- Using Other People’s Audiences in Related Niches – (gets quick results and cost-effective)
Now let us take a look at the highly 11 recommended marketing traffic growth hacks you can apply today to make your business grow.
#1: Provide Quality Content & Deliver What You Promise
Produce your content in such an attractive and appealing way so your visitors will be attracted to it and will want to come back for more and more.
Use images, videos, and a variety of colour. Avoid text-only content and large paragraphs.
Think of your reader, aim to make their user experience enjoyable and nice.
Ensure your design or website theme is mobile friendly and supports responsive design capabilities so it can be shown on various digital devices such as smartphones, tablets, and desktops.
Pay attention not to under-deliver.
Be genuine and truthful, if you promise you are going to provide something then make sure you do so.
Your visitors are smart and don’t want to be misled.
#2: Provide a Call to Action
Your content has to be seen for it to become useful and serving a purpose to your audience.
When a visitor visits your content by consuming it through performing some actions such as by clicking on a page, button, read content, engage, watch a video, he or she is responding with your content.
It is hoped by engaging with the content and the visitor perceives value by what you provide or is guided to a call to action activity where they are expected to do something such as:
- Read your content
- Opt-in to your email list
- Buy a product or service
- Download content
- Watch a video
- Listen to a podcast
- Take a survey
They will do something that will benefit them and you as well.
Note: Remember the emphasis is always on the user first before your needs.
Gives what the customer wants and not what you think they want.
The most important part of your business.
You need to know who your customer is.
This is well articulated by Neil Patel in his video featured below.
Spend time trying to find out your ‘Customer Avatar’.
- Where does she/he hang out?
- Their interests
- What issues, pains or problems do they have?
- What solution you are trying to solve for them?
- What do they really want as opposed to what you think they want?
- Understand their intent when they are searching for solutions
- Deliver what your customers are asking for
Use this Customer Avatar Worksheet to quickly map out your ideal target customer. Specify their needs, desires, problems and the solutions they are desperately seeking from you. Click below to find out more.
#4: Master One Form of Traffic at a Time
You may need to stick to one or two forms of web traffic so that you master it/them and become really good at it as opposed to jumping from one thing to another.
You want to test your marketing strategies and measure the results.
It is by trial and error and you will learn as you apply it.
Once you master the different traffic methods you can use them simultaneously to get the desired results quickly and effectively.
#5: Target Your Website Traffic
Targeted website traffic is the best form of traffic you can apply to your business as it will go directly to the intended audience for your chosen niche.
The last thing you want is to send traffic to the wrong people who are not at all interested in your offerings.
This is related to Hack #3 where we briefly touched on figuring out who your target customer is.
#6: Don’t Put All Your Eggs in One Basket
It is better not to put all your eggs in one basket or completely rely on one source of traffic channel such as SEO – (Search Engine Optimization).
What is working for you today may not be working for you tomorrow.
Always keep an open mind and try different tactics that are supported by traffic companies.
Do your best to derive your web traffic from a variety of reputable sources.
#7: Consistency With Web Traffic Creation
Be consistent with your traffic creation and continue to build good quality content for your blog content, website, podcast, video content and landing pages.
After all, we are often told in the online space world that good ‘content’ is key to any traffic strategy.
… Take a closer look at your Analytics/Stats
This could be your Email, Landing/Sales/Blog/Site Pages, Social Media/Ads campaigns, or Google Analytics.
Figure out …
- What is working well and what is not
- What is converting better for you or not
- What you should abandon and keep
- What you need to change and improve
#8: Focus on Quality versus Quantity
Manier times we are told by some marketing gurus to focus on generating lots of content.
Whilst this may be true for SEO requirements, as Google likes to see volume frequently, however, I will encourage you to prioritize quality over quantity.
If your content is not of good quality then don’t be surprised if your visitors will not be interested in what you provide for them.
They will go elsewhere for a better experience.
You need to ensure that your content is serving a purpose intentionally and delivers what it promises so that your audience get good value out of it.
Strike a balance between the two and you are more than likely to do well in retaining your visitors and increasing the chances of your content ranking high in search engines.
#9: Select Best Web Traffic Channels
Based on your chosen niche, select the best traffic channels that will work well for your business.
Discover what will work well for advertising your products and services.
Not all traffic channels may be suitable for you.
For example, if you are involved in Affiliate Marketing, you are more likely to convert better using Email Marketing than if you were to directly sell the products to your customers.
This is because your prospective customer doesn’t know you and need time to get to know and trust you.
You need to warm up to them slowly by giving them value and educating them about your offers.
Once you establish a good relationship with them and provide value to them, they are more likely to take a peek at your offers and purchase something from you.
This is a gradual process so don’t be in a hurry in trying to get a quick sale.
The beauty of Email Marketing is that your list is for life and you can re-sell your offers to the same customers over and over again.
Try not to exhaust your customers, aim to offer value, give what they want and offer real benefits that solve their problems.
You may also want to explore:
- FREE Email Marketing Training: How To Get 10K Subscribers To Your List In 90 Days
- 5 a Day Welcome Email Sequence Done for You Solution
Use this 5 Day Welcome Email Sequence to welcome your new subscribers, and start to engage and build a long-lasting mutual business relationship with them. You no longer have to worry about trying to figure out what to write and send to your subscribers and potential customers with our template. Tweak it for your business and you are ready to publish in no time. Click below to find out more.
#10: Brand Your Business
Put extra emphasis on branding your business.
Invest time and resources to build and grow your personal/company brand if you really want to survive in the online marketplace.
Your brand is an extension of who you are and says a lot about you and what you stand for.
People naturally build an association with brands once they understand what value they have and can trust them.
Think iconic brands: Coca-cola, Pepsi, Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc
Your products, services, mission, values, company describe you and the authority you are hoping to command.
Learn how to engage with your user base and peers in your industry.
Take time to properly build your social profiles so people can follow you, engage with you, get to know you, appreciate and benefit from your work.
Always aim to be authentic, genuine, truthful, sincere and give tons of value to your audience.
Once you establish ‘trust’ and authority your followers will come to you, instead of you chasing them.
Check out our latest publication on the importance of building a personal brand for personal effectiveness and how it can massively help with your startup success.
Uncover the top 9 reasons, the important benefits and how to naturally, organically and authentically build a personal brand for personal effectiveness. Learn why ‘authentic‘ personal branding is essential for business success as well as a powerful tool you can use to market and promote your business effectively. It is a known fact that people buy from brands/individuals they trust. Click below to find out more.
#11: Promote Your Business on Social Media
Leverage social media to promote and market your business.
As soon as you release a new product, service, video, podcast or a blog post
Promote Promote Promote!
Share your content with other bloggers, like-minded entrepreneurs or reach out to influencers and tell them about your new content.
Post as much as you can to:
- Your social sites
- Do a webinar
- Do live stream video to spread the news about your new content to your audience
- Send an email to your subscribers and inform of your new releases
- Aim to increase your user base every time you release new stuff
Be creative and make it fun and enjoyable than a chore.
Take Home Message
There is no the right way or the wrong way to generate traffic and increase conversions, what works for one person may not work for the other.
It all depends on your business dynamics and the way you go about to deliver that traffic to grow your business.
Having said that, you could avoid a lot of headaches down the road by adopting the 11th recommended growth hacking strategies listed above.
This is so, to help you increase sales and conversions, grow your customer base, and improve your ROI (Return on Investment).
If you follow and applying them in your business, they could go a long way in helping you set a solid foundation for your digital marketing strategy in the right way.
You may also like to read and explore:
- 11 Best Growth Hacking Strategies To Increase Conversions & ROI
- 13 Super Effective Ways To Advertise Your Business On a Low Budget
- Quick Guide On How To Start a Blog For Beginner’s Step by Step
- Keyword Research For Beginners: A Crush Guide To SEO
- Beginner’s Guide To SEO: The Top Fundamental SEO Tips & Tricks To Focus On
- FREE Email Marketing Training: How To Add Up To 10K Subscribers In 90 Days!
- Video Marketing: How To Grow Your Business With Videos – Try for FREE
- Digital Startup Blueprint: A Clear Roadmap To Start Your Biz Like The Pros
- 21 Common Start-up Mistakes New Entrepreneurs Make: And How To Avoid Them
- Customer Avatar Worksheet: How To Identify Your Target Audience Pain Points
- Exclusive Products, Training Programs & Business Solutions
- Essential Business Resources, Digital Marketing & Startup Tools
- Quick Guide On How To Start a Blog For Beginners: Step By Step
- Keyword Research, SEO Tools & Plugins
- Entrepreneur Store: Kick Start Your Biz With Affordable Done for You Solutions
Do you know of any other growth hacking strategies we can add to the list?
Share them with us by leaving a comment below.
Don’t forget to share the article with your friends. Thank you.